Sunday, March 6, 2016

Thoughts at the End of the Weekend

Let's see...I didn't get enough of the housework done. I didn't get enough writing done. I didn't cook enough food for everyone. I didn't arrive on time to pick up my daughter from a school trip (only by a few minutes, but still). I didn't get the laundry done. I didn't spend enough time at the gym. I drank too many sodas. I ate too much chocolate. Scratch that, you can never eat too much chocolate. And I spent too much time playing computer games.

BUT, I took the time to watch a TV show with my teenage daughter that inspired a long conversation. She's one of the few teens who don't talk often. Then I took the time to go hiking with my son (also shopping for clothes for his first formal dance). Our car rides and walks often inspire deep and thoughtful conversation between us.

And when I was thinking of all the things that I had not accomplished, I realized I had accomplished the most important thing. I spent quality time with my children--unplugged and free from distractions.

So when it's all said and done, it was a good weekend.

No comments: