Saturday, December 8, 2012

Star Trek Into Darkness


I'm so excited! I really loved the most recent Star Trek film and wished they had done a follow-up. Apparently it just took them a really long time because here's the trailer for it.






Synopsis from Amazon:

When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis. With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew

Apparently, it has all the same cast for the Enterprise crew as the 2009 movie. I thought the casting for it was simply inspired. I loved Simon Pegg as Scotty and Karl Urban as Bones...really just everyone. So I look forward to this new release. I've heard that there will be a 9 minute preview for it at the IMAX opening of The Hobbit. Sadly I won't make that and will just have to nash my teeth until May 17, 2013, to see the finished film.
 
What about you? Any Trekkies out there?

No comments: