Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Has the country gone mad?

I found a couple of articles that I thought needed attention. In one, a man goes to jail for "illicit water use" because he created ponds on his 170 acre property and in another, a man is facing a fine (or I don't know what, fine or jail) for having a vegetable garden in his front yard. In both cases, it is the local governments exerting its power over the people. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against government, but I am against wasting government resources. Don't we pay these people to do something constructive? The crazy part is that these two stories come from completely opposite sides of the country: Oregon and Florida. 





http://www.mnn.com/your-home/at-home/blogs/oregon-man-in-possession-of-13-million-gallons-of-illicit-rainwater-sentence

Illegal Garden


http://www.motherearthnews.com/grow-it/right-to-grow-food-zb01211zrob.aspx










With the state of the economy and the certainty that it will only get worse, I think everyone should be considering water sources and food supply. I know I am. What about you?

No comments: