Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Video Review for Silver Knight

Wow, Kayla the Bookworm did the first ever video review of Silver Knight. I am so excited. Let me put you at ease, she enjoyed the story and can't wait for the next book, Silver Demon. Yeah! So here it is:




Usually I never respond to reviews, unless it's just to like them or thank the reviewer, but since she went out of her way to give such a wonderful and detailed account, I wanted to give some background for my book and Diana's character. I wrote Silver Knight with the intent of sparking an interest for history with teenagers. (Of course really anyone, but as a high school history teacher, I faced students who absolutely and completely found history BORING! And I wanted to make them curious.)
 
So, let me just say that as an adult, I would never just fly off to Rome or leave when I saw my obviously injured friend being helped by a stranger, but as a teenager, we just kind of went with stuff...especially during Mardi Gras. I absolutely shudder at some of the situations I was involved in that could have so easily ended badly (from rape to death). But at the time, as a teenager, I felt I would live forever, nothing bad could happen, and I was as mature as I was going to get. LOL. I know better now. I was very, very fortunate. ;)
 
Now because of my work with teenagers, I've seen that same tendancy by the vast majority to say: let's do it! And without thought, they do it. You might ask them later: Why would you do that? Don't know or seemed like a good idea at the time. What were you thinking? They shrug. In other words, they weren't. Anyway, that is where Diana gets much of her immediate acceptance of her situation.
 
To view more of Kayla's reviews be sure to check out her blog: http://kaylathebookworm.net/

No comments: