Sunday, May 27, 2012

Neverdark by C.S. Einfeld

I thought I'd share a middle-grade book with you today. Check it out:


Neverdark
Description:


The Faeries of Southnut are in big trouble. Lord Darkwater is up to no good.

The White Castle of Doru is under attack by the greatest army Princess Fiera's ever seen. Lord Darkwater is poised to crush her tiny kingdom unless the king gives Fiera up to become his wife.

Well, fffungus! She's having none of that!

The race is on for Fiera to outwit Lord Darkwater's Dragonfly Riders, Bat Brigades, and even a giant, faerie-eating Spider to save herself and, before it's too late, her whole world.



Warning! This book contains (1) very kick-butt Faerie Princess, an Evil Dark Lord, a rhino-beetle named "Gor", Dragonfly Riders, Bat Brigades and an extremely adorable, fluffy, pet firefly with anger-management issues.

My thoughts:

This is a delightful tale that I thoroughly enjoyed! When I saw this come up for review, I thought it perfect for my daughter to read. Fortunately, she went out of town and left me to read it alone. :) The world the author created makes for an entertaining read, and I loved the clever correlations formed with names, nature, and mythology. The characters were engaging and the tone spot on for this fairy tale. A kingdom in danger, a princess to the rescue, and a quest…what more can a reader, especially a middle grader, ask for?

Author Info from Goodreads:

Hi! 
I write for tweens. I have a blog:
www.authorcseinfeld.blogspot.com
I'm also a book reviewer with a passion for middle-grade fantasy. Send me your elves, your trolls, your wizards, and witches. I will sprinkle faerie dust on them all. 
Personal stuff? 
Uhm, well, I do (really) live on a tiny farm, on a small island, somewhere in the vast, North Atlantic Ocean. 
And, I have a pet emu. His name is Archimedes, and he's pretty cool, mostly.
;o)


LINKS:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Neverdark-ebook/dp/B0069TD5AI/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13182495-neverdark

No comments: