Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Spring has Sprung!

This has been a crazy couple of seasons. We barely had a winter and spring is definitely in the air. Here at least. It's a mild and wonderful 70 degrees. The mountain trails are wonderful to hike. Although, I find that I need some hiking boots to combat the rocks. The grass is green. And amazingly I feel like cleaning!

Then there are all the little chores to do that one puts off because of winter. The deck has to be repaired and re-stained. A screen door has fallen apart, literally. My garage door (not the entrance for the car) also needs repair. Its innards have slipped by a good couple of inches. I took the plow blade off of the ATV. Then I decided to gas it up. I promptly lost a two inch tip and a three inch spring down into the gas tank of the ATV. I was horrified. I can't even fit my hand through the opening on the gas tank.

Fortunately, I had a teenager close by. He dug around with a couple of extremely long screwdrivers and fished out the parts. It only took two hours and multiple times of rearranging the ATV. Let's point it up a hill to roll the spring backward. Then let's point it down the hill to roll the gas can part closer to the center. Then we had to push it into the garage to get it out of the sun. The sun was so bright we couldn't even see inside the tank. Not to mention having to siphon out the gas. Yuck! But it was surprisingly easy.

That little chore pretty much ended my spring cleaning spree. It took several hours of pushing and fishing to get the parts out, and I didn't want to see the ATV again for some time. But it's another day and I will probably get back out there. After all, the sun is shining and its a mild 70 degrees; birds are chirping, bees buzzing, and the daffodils waving in a gentle breeze.

I hope you're enjoying your spring!

No comments: