Monday, June 11, 2012

Write What You Know

Everyone is always saying, "You should write what you know." But what is that? People know a ton of information and can look up gobs more on the Internet. I suppose most of the information we know is quite useless or so common that everyone already is aware of it. So that leaves us with the question, What should we write about?


For me, I am most familiar with MS Word (and other MS software), since I taught adults to use the products for many years; I have excellent editing skills honed from years of working in the legal field; and I'm an avid reader. So should I give tips on using MS Word? Should I offer editing services? Or should I complete book reviews for your edification?

I've only been blogging for a few month, and this has been very much a work in progress. I like to help indie authors, so I began by featuring various authors and their books that appealed to me. I don't have the time to read right now due to my extreme schedule finishing my second novel, and, well, life, so I haven't completed many reviews. Instead, I have been reviewing books that I've read over the years. And I have began offering my editing skills (cheaply too, if I do say so myself).

So I've come to the decision to focus this blog on those three faucets, that to me are irrevocably intertwined: working in MS Word, editing, and reviews/features of books that appeal to me. Of course, I'll have to add in a little twist here and there, because that's just me. I hope you enjoy.

No comments: