Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Forgotten Isle by Lynda Engler

Hey, This looks like a really good one for middle graders! Check it out:

Description:
Even Legends Were Kids Once. Before Arthur was King, the legendary Ruler of Britain, before the Round Table, before Lancelot and Guineverea, Arthur finds himself magically transported back to 2200 BC, the Bronze Age. An evil power has entered the realm and Finias is under attack. The people are being hurt and killed, and the villagers flee from the demon power. Kaylee, the Earth Mother, is sworn to protect her people, but she has run out of ideas. So she reaches 2700 years into the future and transports young Arthur of the Britons to her. Someday Arthur will unite all of England and be King, but right now heas only 12. Does he have the knowledge and power needed to save her people?


 5 Star Review:
"Magical incantations mixed with historical facts, make this book a unique blend and a truly entertaining read." -John Visconti

Lynda Engler's Bio:

I grew up in New Jersey, spent 22 years in Connecticut and now make Vermont my home. I live in the scenic northern part of the state with my husband, children, and one ADD yellow lab (ADD=Attention Deficit Dog).

After a long career working with books - first as a buyer for a national retail book chain, then as a production associate publishing leather-bound classic books, I decided to use my creative energy to actually write some books! My kids were a great inspiration.

I wrote my first book, The Forgotten Isle, in 2003, and then started many projects, and never finished any of them. I finally finished and published The Forgotten Isle with illustrations by Noa Chaikin in 2011.

The concept for "Out of Ewr" has been around since about 2005, and the three novels have been floating around in my head since then. I'm working on getting them on paper now. The first novel is in it's final rewrite (hopefully!) and the second one, Into the Yellow Zone" is being co-written simultaneously.

Eventually I'll get them all done, and get back to my other projects, including The Lost City of Troy, a sequel to The Forgotten Isle, and My Summer Dad.

I currently belong to a Writer's Group in northern Vermont, and I'd like to thank them all for their invaluable critiques. I wouldn't know what to do without them! And my sincerest thanks go to my best friend/editor/co-writer/bounce-off-the-wall-all-things-important-and-not-important (I'm not sure exactly what to call him) but I couldn't do any of this without him, Henry.


Links:
Website: http://www.lyndaengler.com
Twitter: lynda_engler
Blog: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/539...
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/lyndaengler

No comments: